Zane Grey - Film, Camera and TV vessel
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rozelle, NSW
- Product code: CAMERA BOAT
The Zane Grey is a dual level catamaran with over 50 sq m of flat deck space. Ideal for film and tv shoots inside Sydney harbour or offshore.
Past clients include Fremantle Media, Channel 10, Plaza Films, Sheepish Lion with recent end product TV commercials for ANZ, Etihad Airlines, as well as tv productions including 'Mary the making of a Princess' and 'Don't tell the Bride'. Also used as a crew transfer vessel for Channel 9's 'Today Show' when the Cruise Ship Queen Victoria was in Sydney Harbour.
We also have experience in offshore survey and underwater filming as the base vessel for clients such as Polaris Marine, AUS-ROV, Sydney Institute of Marine Science, OceanTechnix, ProDive.
- our half-day rate (4 hours) starts at $2,500 +GST
- daily rate (7.5 hours) from $4,400 +GST
- additional hours: $350/hr +GST
- offshore charters may incur a surcharge
- standby rate: $2,500 +GST (mobilisation, inclement weather)
- wharf booking fees: $50/wharf (note some wharves have time restrictions)
- travel time and/or fuel may be additional (depending on pick up location and your requirements)
- a secure Marina berth can be arranged if required (subject to marina availability)
- 15m x 5m dual level catamaran
- over 50 square metres of flat, stable deck space on the lower deck
- max capacity 47 inner harbour or 23 offshore, however we recommend you restrict your numbers if you have a lot of equipment
- most crews film from the lower deck, however you can also film from the upper deck if needing shots from a height
- 3/4 of the lower deck is covered, so your camera gear is protected from the elements
Other vessel features:
- sound system with BOSE speakers
- Aux cable for your music (plug your phone in directly)
- private bathroom
- huge lower deck
- large upper deck with 360 degree views (capacity 24 guests)
- BBQ available
- catering available or BYO catering
- fully licensed (beverage package or bar tab available)
- wheelchair accessible, so can also roll your gear on/off the boat throught the side entry door
Zane Grey is ideal for filming as your crew can fit all their gear, crew and even the clients if needed. The vessel enables an unobstructed view from either the upper or lower decks. Inclement weather isn't an issue either crew and equipment can be undercover on the lower deck.
- BYO catering or catering can be arranged
- any damage to the vessel is the responsibility of the charterer
- while the boat offers protection from the elements, we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to any film equipment or gear brought onboard. This is the sole responsibility the charterer.